Friday, August 1, 2008

Now a Turn for Our Interns

From Left to Right: Renée Welker, Megan Yarnall, Lauren Starobin, Me, Sammy, Samantha Schraeter, Nicole Wyman, Marne Rubinstein.

Several years ago, I decided to begin an internship program. It was important to me that it accomplish two goals: 1. Be a program worthy enough to attract the best in the country and 2. Provide tangible industry and life experiences that inspire and solidify the futures of young, brilliant minds and spirits. It is the kind of program that does not include "trips to Starbucks" and making copies all day. This year, I am fortunate to have hosted the finest group to date. Their vibrant young energy and give and take have been an invaluable gift to our company. I highly recommend implementing an intern program to any company!

Meet our amazing interns...

My name is Marne Rubinstein and I am from Worcester, Massachusetts. I am a senior at Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. Working at David Monn this past summer was an amazing experience and truly enjoyed learning from David and all the event managers. After having had such a great opportunity this summer I look forward to continuing a career in production management.

My name is Lauren Starobin and I am from Fort Lee, New Jersey. This fall I will be a freshman Rhode Island School of Design. Since I am going into design, having this glimpse into a designer’s process and seeing first hand how these exquisite events are created will assist me in my future in the design world.

My name is Renée Welker and I am from Butler, Pennsylvania. I am a senior at Dickinson College where I major in English and play on the women’s lacrosse team. My summer as an intern for David Monn has introduced me to the event world and created in me a new appreciation for detail and persistent hard work.

My name is Samantha Schraeter and I’m from Rye NY. I will be a senior at Hobart & William Smith Colleges. What brought me to David Monn was his unrivaled creativity. His lavish and extravagant events set him apart from the rest. More importantly it was the opportunity to learn from the best.

My name is Megan Yarnall and I’m from Yardley, PA. I will be a junior at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA, where I am an English major. I came to David Monn because I organize and run concerts on my college campus and was interested in seeing event planning for intricate, large scale events. I have enjoyed seeing the design aspects of an event come together, from discussing ideas to photos and floor plans to actual construction, and I can’t wait to have another opportunity to work in this environment.

My name is Nicole Wyman. I am currently a senior at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida where I am double majoring in Public Relations and Graphic Design. I have loved every second of my experience here at David Monn, and I am looking forward to an exciting career in event production and design after graduation. Many thanks to David and the DM Girls for an amazing summer experience.