Friday, November 7, 2008

A Night at the Library

As I have said before in my blog, the New York Public Library is one of the institutions that I wholeheartedly support. I was privileged, for the fourth year in a row, to design its annual Library Lions Gala. This year , the NYPL honored four of the greatest writers of our time --Edward Albee, Ashley Bryan, Nora Ephron and Salman Rushdie.

This prestigious evening is the only event of the year held in the famous Adam R. Rose Main Reading Room. I transformed this historic place into a seasonal wonderland, with garlands composed of thousands of preserved white and brown oak leaves, large mirrors and oversized lampshades for the room's elegant chandeliers.

It is deeply inspiring to be surrounded by literary giants in the setting of this landmark building. The Library is truly one of New York City's greatest treasures.


Visit your local library and become inspired!