Monday, May 12, 2008

Keeping the Pace

After work, I leave my apartment in Chelsea and go for a run along the Hudson, all the way to lower Manhattan. The run opens my lungs, clears my head, and frees my imagination. It's a remarkable way to be private and feel a sense of openness in a city that's mostly about crowds and density. I often come up with my best ideas as I jog beside the river.
In the past, there were days when mustering the get-up-and-go was harder than others, but I've found an amazing solution- the Air Zoom Moire running shoes with a small sensor in the sole that connects wirelessly to an iPod. Number people probably like the fact that it can record your distance, time, pace and calories. What I like is that if you're slowing down, the iPod knows-and it picks up the pace of the music accordingly. It's like having a personal trainer and a personal D.J all in one.