Friday, January 16, 2009

One Man's Trash...

As I am cleaning out my warehouse I have been finding tons of supplies and decor elements (like boxes and boxes of pine cones!) left over from past events. Instead of leaving these things collecting dust in my warehouse we have decided to donate them to a wonderful organization called Materials for the Arts, a program of the NYC Dept. of Cultural Affairs. Since 1978 this amazing organization has been donating materials to struggling artists and public schools throughout the New York City area. For those of you who know about my charity, ArtFunD, you know that I am extremely passionate about getting art programs back into public schools. Material for the Arts is helping increase the accessibility of art education one paint can at a time!
So, the next time you clean out your closets or garage keep an eye out for things you can donate to Materials for the Arts!

The paint room in the Material for the Arts warehouse

The Material for the Arts Warehouse

Check out their website to find out how you can donate or volunteer!
http://www.mfta.org/